We are deeply grateful for the generous, continued support from our parishioners for our annual Thanksgiving collections. Please see the graphic below for information about items being collected; monetary donations are also gratefully accepted. Envelopes are available, or you may give online with WeShare (accessible from our website homepage). Here’s a little information about the organizations featured this year:
- The Help Office of Owensboro is a Christian agency begun in 1972 by a group of churches, laypersons, and clergy of different denominations. Its mission is to provide basic human physiological and emergency assistance to those in need and to prevent duplication of services. The Help Office is the “clearinghouse” for all churches serving people in need.
- St. Gerard Life Home provides free housing and hospitality to pregnant, unwed woman 18 and older experiencing a crisis pregnancy. A woman may come to St. Gerard at any point in her pregnancy and may stay for up to 3 months after the birth of her child. For more information, visit www.owensborodiocese.org/saint-gerard/
- Afghan Relief: In an effort to help serve the needs and ease the transition of Afghan refugees being relocated to Owensboro, our parish is collecting new or gently-used men’s and boys’ clothing, which may be placed in containers which will be located near the doors of church the weekend of November 6/7.
- Fresh Start for Women provides safe, affordable transitional housing for women and children in an encouraging environment. Fresh Start for Life, Inc. was started in 2006 with a vision to reach out to individuals who have conflict with criminal and civil law and become incarcerated. The goal is to foster character and transition back into the community.
- Our Saint Stephen Cathedral Food Pantry provides non-perishable food to those experiencing food insecurity. Our pantry helps those in need Monday-Friday from 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
The dates of each collection and the items needed are listed below. God bless you for your generosity!